Thursday, February 18, 2010

Made it!

After a long flight and slightly less long bus ride I made it to Jeonju University, where I will be staying for the next week or so. It was about 7AM before I finally got settled in last night for bed, so I am feeling pretty burned out now, fighting the urge to nap so I can ween myself into the new schedule. Unfortunately, none of my bags had wheels, so I was dragging at the airport until I found an abandoned cart. The food is exotic and flavorful, the people are very kind, the beds are hard, the shower wand goes all over the completely tiled bathroom and the internet is fast. I believe there are around 300 teachers (from the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa) at this EPIK orientation, meeting together for meals, but divided for classes. There are a lot of tall domino-style buildings surrounded by a mountainous countryside full of mystery. Near the campus are streets of colorful windows written in Hangul, advertising for the internet, coffee and small convenience stores.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm SO glad to hear you made it! I'm already jealous of the food! Can't wait for you to come home and teach us how to make it!

    Good luck with orientation!

    Love you! Ya Sister Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safely. It sounds remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you will get to look in their library

    ReplyDelete